The Field Operations Manager will oversee installation and maintenance by 9 landscaping crews throughout the greater Boston area. S/he will manage and develop crew leaders, ensuring that they have the technical skills, organization, and motivation needed to do excellent work. As a member of our People Management Team, the Field Operations Manager should be highly knowledgeable, professional, and bring enthusiasm and new ideas to the workplace.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Manage daily field operations in accordance with company policies to ensure that crews meet stated goals through efficient use of time, man-power, equipment, and materials.
- Prepare field employees by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Provide hands-on training in proper installation, specifications, operation of equipment, safety, and quality standards.
- Develop crew leaders’ ability to independently plan their crew’s work: daily, weekly, and over the course of a whole project.
- Provide regular, productive feedback on performance, and initiate disciplinary process for field employees as needed.
- Perform quality control checks at work sites to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of field staff paperwork and online timesheets daily; follow up on discrepancies.
- Work with HR/Admin Manager to ensure consistent implementation and enforcement of company HR, health & safety policies.
- As necessary, adjust crew composition or perform hands-on work with crews to meet scheduling demands.
- Oversee and manage field staff every morning at garage, ensuring that crews leave in a timely fashion, ready to complete their day’s goals.
- Proficiency in oral and written Spanish and English
- Minimum of six years as a landscape construction crew leader or equivalent experience/training
- Driver’s license, good driving record, and ability to apply for hoisting license
- Demonstrated ability to carry out and instruct others in correct landscape installation and maintenance practices, including, but not limited to:
- natural stone and paver installation
- natural and segmental walls
- low-voltage lighting
- seed & sod installation
- planting ○ hand-pruning
- tree/rootzone protection
- Ability to assess and adjust for site conditions, soils, drainage, and grade changes
- Proven skill in project planning, set-up, and mobilization
- Ability to lay out sites and construct landscape features based on landscape plans and specifications
- Time management, self-direction, flexibility, and ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to exercise discretion, manage sensitive situations, and maintain confidentiality
- Clear, timely, and professional oral communication with co-workers and the public
- Strong attention to detail